Ep #11: Tales from Salt Wells CreekJuly 3, 2023
Action Alert! Keep the McCullough Peaks Herd Intact: Comment NowJuly 23, 2023
If you’ve wondered what you can do to help save horses and wild horses from slaughter, then this episode is for you. I’m interviewing Susan Wagner about the 2021 SAFE (Save America’s Forgotten Equines) Act.
Susan Wagner founded Equine Advocates after discovering the horse-meat slaughter industry for horses, ponies, donkeys and mules. “The mission of Equine Advocates is to rescue, protect and prevent the abuse of equines through education, investigation, rescue operations, the dissemination of information to the public and operation of a horse sanctuary for slaughter-bound, abused, and neglected horses.”
Please, go to EquineAdvocates.org to find out what you can do to help make changes to the SAFE Act so that horses will be protected from slaughter without exceptions and loopholes. As you’ve heard from Susan, this is a very complex issue that affects all horses. From banning horse meat consumption for humans and pets to intrastate transport to slaughterhouses on Indian Reservation land, the urgency of the matter cannot be understated, and it truly deserves your support.
Subscribe to my blog to get more information on how you can help America’s wild horses.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What the SAFE Act is and what it does and doesn’t do.
- Why NY has the best anti-horse slaughter legislation in the country.
- How organizations and individuals are circumnavigating the ban of horse slaughter facilities in the U.S.
- How the SAFE Act is being undermined.
- The BLM’s horse adoption incentive explained.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow along on Facebook and Instagram!
- Living Images by Carol Walker
- Wild Hoofbeats Blog
- Wild Hoofbeats: America’s Vanishing Wild Horses by Carol Walker
- Why the SAFE Act of 2023 is Unsafe for Horses
- Equine Advocates | (518) 392-0175 (Office)
- List of politicians you can write to about these issues
- National Congress of American Indians