Ep #20: The Freedom of Information Act: Interview with Debbie CoffeyNovember 20, 2023
Ep #22: Revisiting: Wild Horses Live in FamiliesDecember 18, 2023
Are you curious about what’s it like to photograph horses in the wild? It’s wildly different than photographing domestic horses. Have you been dreaming about visiting one of the Western states and seeing the wild horses in person? Then listen to this episode, and I’ll guide you to have one of the most unique experiences of your life.
I’ve been photographing horses for my Living Images business since 2000, and wild horses since 2004. I’ve also taught workshops on horse photography. My book Horse Photography: The Dynamic Guide for Horse Lovers is designed with easy-to-follow guidelines to inspire your creative journey in capturing the spirit of these precious and special horses.
In this episode, I share my expertise photographing wild horses, emphasizing the importance of understanding horse behavior and habits to capture great shots. Allow yourself to drink in the magic of spending time with these magnificent national treasures in some of the best parts of our wild lands.
Subscribe to my blog to get more information on how you can help America’s wild horses.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Tips you need to know for finding the wild horses.
- Why researching, planning, and preparation is key in this environment.
- How to achieve the perfect setting for dramatic photos.
- Things to keep in mind for your safety and that of the horses.
- Technical camera advice for optimal results.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow along on Facebook and Instagram!
- Living Images by Carol Walker
- Wild Hoofbeats Blog
- Wild Hoofbeats: America’s Vanishing Wild Horses by Carol Walker
- Horse Photography: The Dynamic Guide for Horse Lovers by Carol J. Walker
- Pryor Mountain Wild Mustang Center