Ep #13: Saving the McCullough Peaks Herd: Interview with Sandy SistiJuly 31, 2023
A Tribute To Bubba, Wild Curly Stallion of Salt Wells CreekAugust 23, 2023
Thirty-one horses have died so far in a roundup happening in Nevada. It has been a horrifying experience for horses and their human witnesses alike. Roundups in general are disastrous and irreparably damaging experiences for our beautiful wild horses, and I’m exploring why in this episode.
The horses captured in a roundup will never see their families again. They will never again see the land on which they were born and know so well. They will be taken to holding facilities which may riddled with diseases, offered for adoption, or they may not be. They won’t have shade or shelter, and they may not get enough food; many die there. This is abuse, plain and simple, and it needs to stop.
The BLM needs to stop torturing wild horses and start humanely managing them on the range, their home, where they belong with their families. This week, I’m discussing the inhumane act of rounding up wild horses, what the “The Wild Horse and Burro Protection Act, HR 3656” is, and how you can help put an end to roundups. America’s wild horses deserve better, and we can do better.
Subscribe to my blog to get more information on how you can help America’s wild horses.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What a helicopter roundup entails.
- How bait trapping and helicopter roundups are different.
- Where the horses go after a roundup and what happens to them.
- What the BLM’s CAWP program consists of and how they violate their own policies in the roundups.
- Information on how and when to attend a roundup.
- How your voice, your actions, and a simple letter can help save the wild horses and burros.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow along on Facebook and Instagram!
- Living Images by Carol Walker
- Wild Hoofbeats Blog
- Wild Hoofbeats: America’s Vanishing Wild Horses by Carol Walker
- Roundup Wreck – YouTube video
- Wild Horse Education | Coverage of the Nevada Roundup
- The Wild Horse and Burro Protection Act, HR 3656